March 24, 2020
TDSR Members and Supporters,
As our country and world face the current COVID-19 pandemic, it is critically important for TDSR to support policy efforts that expand access to care and promote the dissemination of accurate information based on scientific knowledge. It is incumbent on every TDSR member and supporter to advocate for rational approaches to control the spread of this illness. Please consult the CDC website below for accurate updates.
In order to comply with local, state and national public health control measures, the TDSR Board of Directors will not convene in April or May, 2020. Future meeting date(s) will be announced when public safety concerns are resolved. The following briefly summarizes current TDSR activities and planned activities for the remainder of calendar year 2020.
- TDSR Grant Application submitted to Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas on 2/7/20. Award status is pending. Purpose:
- To formalize and expand the TDSR Advisory Council
- To financially support the development and implementation of the 2020 Fall Health Forum.
- To create a foundational networking capacity among Advisory Council members for advocacy efforts during the 2021 legislative session.
- Annual Fall Health Forum.
Assuming a reasonable return to normal business activities, TDSR will join our collaborators to co-sponsor this year’s health forum. Please consider assisting with planning and implementation of this year’s summit and contact Dr. Jaime Estrada at Jaime@texasdoctors.org
- Board of Director Officer Elections.
All board officer positions will be open for nomination effective April 1, 2020. Current officers are: Rodolfo M. Urby, President; Ted Fox, Vice President; Erica Salinas, Treasurer; Secretary (vacant since 2019). Dr. Jaime Estrada has served as Interim Executive Director since April 29, 2019. Please submit nominations to Dr. Estrada after consulting with the nominee.
- TDSR Website. Please visit our website and submit information or links you would like to see on the website to Dr. Estrada.
On behalf of the TDSR Board of Directors, thank you for supporting Texas Doctors for Social Responsibility. Rudy M. Urby